AVG8 free

Carafaraday 14:03 31 May 08

I downloaded this last week and it has been running fine but it seems to end up with several 'warnings' mostly activeX and cookies and I can't seem to find anyway to say remove these things. One of the cookies is from this site, so I'm not too worried about it but I'd like to know how to remove the activeX things (or maybe they are important and I need to keep them?) Can anyone help?

birdface 14:06 31 May 08

Just leave active X problems.They do not cause any bother.Just a conflict between AVG and Spywareblaster.

Carafaraday 15:06 31 May 08

buteman - thank you for your reply. I don't have Spywareblaster. I only have avg and zone alarm.

birdface 17:54 31 May 08

It also has problems with Spybot and one other program that I can't think of just now.Every time I run AVG 8, I get 190 problems all Active X.Like I said you would have thought that they would have fixed it by now.If you go into scan results,warnings.Highlight what you want to delete,And remove it.But if AVG is not deleting it or putting it in the virus vault it should be Ok to leave it.

Carafaraday 18:24 31 May 08

Thank you, buteman. Highlight and then delete - that's what I was missing! I wasn't too worried about it because, as you say, if AVG is ok with it, it can't be too lethal, but I was wanting to know how to get rid of it if I wanted to.

Many thanks again for taking the time to reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac