avg7 update problems

Taw® 18:59 15 Nov 04

I have recently updated to avg7 on my three computers. On trying to update from the two clients I get a message saying internet connection not available. It is and everything else is able to access the internet ok. All systems are XP pro and I only use the xp firewall. I have had no problem in updating with avg 6 only since I installed 7 on all machines. There was a way on ver6 to download the file and manually install if anyone can point me on how to do it.

Djohn 19:14 15 Nov 04

You need to go into your control panel then scurity sttings/Firwall and alow AVG to access /download from its servers. click here and download the "Documentation for AVG file". [Third file down, named "Firewall seetings installation guide"

It will download in PDF format and give you instructions with a graphic guide on how to set up your firewall. Very easy to do, just follow the instructions in the guide.

Djohn 19:16 15 Nov 04

Fingers not working too well tonight :o(

john-232317 21:08 15 Nov 04

I had the same problem with O E after downloading SP2, i had to allow it through the firewall. You need to do it with all programs that update. ie Spybot, adaware etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…