AVG7 email problem

greywwolf 20:19 24 Dec 04

In order to receive emails I have to disable AVG`s email scanner. Is this a problem that is common and can it be cured?

alan227 20:38 24 Dec 04

Are you running a firewall if so make sure the e-mail scanner has permission.

Djohn 20:40 24 Dec 04

Yes, it is a problem that some users are having especialy with web based email. You don't need to close or disable the scanner though to send/receive mail. Try the following, it seems to be working for many people and still scans the mail in both directions but does not place the message at the bottom of the mail to say so.

Open AVG by double clicking the tray Icon, then double click on the email scanner button and choose "Configure". Remove the ticks from the two boxes that say "Certify Mail". This should cure the problem for you and still keep your email safe from virus attack.

end 21:48 24 Dec 04

??what e mail do you use and do you read on server or through OE? ( fo my own info!!)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:05 24 Dec 04

click here

greywwolf 13:33 25 Dec 04

I`m using Outlook Express "end". And I`ve solved the problem by following the instructions from Djohn. See above.
Many thanks to you folks. Seasons Greetings!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…