AVG7 disable/enable

allang 10:54 02 Jan 04

Please can anyone tell me how to disable/enable AVG7 while I try and sort out my hard disc problem.

Also can anyone tell me if PCDocRX is worth the money as I need to sort my files out once and for all.Ta much.

Jester2K 11:00 02 Jan 04

AVG try right clicking the tray icon

What problems do you have that we might be able to sort for free???

allang 11:49 02 Jan 04

Thanx for your previous help re "System restore eating my hard disc" & "What are link files,and is there a cure?".

I'm now at the stage where sfc and AVG run no problem.However I still have about 50 folders of .chk files(which is better than the 950 I started with).Also I still get some restarts,and when chkdsk runs I get the report " file xxxxx cross-linked to xxxx,resolved by copying" or something like that.So I'm looking for a prog that will sort out all my files one way or another.

My Mailwasher Pro looks as tho' it's corrupt (it will not quarantine objects or look for prog updates)and I'll probably have to uninstall/ reinstall.Other progs I use regularly seem ok at the moment.However,if I delete the .chk files I know I'm going to have to start over again,recovering files etc.

Any suggestions ?? (I think I might make use of the backup facilities after this little lot !!!)

allang 12:13 02 Jan 04

Mailwasher ok,it's Ad-Aware that appears to be playing up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…