avg7 any users is it worth it

frankie 19:04 15 Sep 03

avg7 any users is it worth it,i stick with free one

Jester2K II 20:06 15 Sep 03

AVG 7 Free Version is due before the end of the year. Worth it? I tested the Beta Version and the downloads where only 25 kb (great for Broadband and better for DUN). Interface wasn't as nice as AVG 6 though....

As support for AVG 6 ends at the end of 2003 it'll be worth upgrading but i'm hanging in the the free version....

frankie 20:56 15 Sep 03

ok cheers

Gaz 25 21:54 15 Sep 03

I am waiting until it is free.

leo49 21:55 15 Sep 03

I've got it and I find it much more user friendly.

frankie 22:19 15 Sep 03

if avg 6 is so good why then..bring out another version that according to members will be free soon!!.too.and cancel updates on old version. i,m bamboozed yeh spelt right tonight,

Belatucadrus 23:28 15 Sep 03

AVG 7.0 is not only a more up to date product it has a much better update system with incremental downloads, this means a couple of Kb covering new signatures rather than the Mb replacement files that 6.0 uses. Why make AVG 7.0 free and ditch 6.0, because at the moment Grisoft are offering 6.0 updates and support to those commercial 6.0 customers who have not upgraded. When their licences expire they will drop 6.0 as running a separate dept just to support the free option isn't going to be cost effective. At this point they will make a free variant of 7.0 available or scrap the free version altogether. Either way I'm sticking with avast! 4.

frankie 18:48 16 Sep 03

will wait n see

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…