avg won't update

bracken13 16:37 04 Nov 05

i have avg free installed on my computer but i kept getting a message saying that i had no virus protection turned on, when i investigated it said that the last download was not finished, or words to that effect. i have now managed to uninstall avg to reinstall, but it won't let me saying that i still have it on hte system even though it's not in the programme list. i can't use their forum as it says that you have to somehow log on to it using your download or somehting like that. so can anybody help me please??????

961 17:52 04 Nov 05

Go to click here download their virus programme and the latest virus definitions file, close down your internet connection, uninstall avg, and install avast. Then do complete system scan

bracken13 18:36 04 Nov 05

one of the problems is that it won't let me unistal it, but i have downloaded who ever they were, never heard of them but this problem has been making me made for so long, i don't really care tonight. anyway have doen as you said, and maybe oneday when avg have a new edition out i can download that one and go from there.

thank you 916

961 19:16 04 Nov 05

If you type "can't uninstall avg" into google you'll get a load of sites telling you how to do it

Make sure it is at least disabled or shut down because 2 virus checkers running together will conflict

To turn it off, right click on the avg icon on the system tray and click exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…