//some 3rd party need geo

AVG wont run

taffyal 14:47 14 May 04

I put Norton AV into a XP pc, & when I tried to run a scan, it flashed on for a moment, & then dissappeared! I then installed AVG- after removing Norton- & it worked OK for a while. I removed Sasser with stinger, then a message flashed up, virus detected, run AVG- but now AVG does the same as Norton did- just flashes on & off. Im thinking of removing AVG & reinstalling- is this a good idea? Thanks in advance, Al

BurrWalnut 15:02 14 May 04

Disable system restore, run AVG then re-enable AVG.

georgemac 15:04 14 May 04

first I would try restarting your pc in safe mode - tap the f8 key continually as the pc boots up - in safe mode only the minimal amount of drivers are loaded. In safe mode try running a scan with avg and see if it works.

AVG should be updated to make sure you have the most recent signature files installed, and it may also be worth switching off system restore first if you think you are infected, because a lot of viruses now hide in there.

taffyal 18:20 21 May 04

Sorry for delay in posting resolved- on hols! Tried all advice, it wouldnt run, tried to remove with its own removal & with add/remove programmes, & it still sat there!Finally bought it up with search, & deleted from there. Now installed avast which seems OK. Thanks for advice, Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…