AVG AND WIN 32.EXE VIRUS ?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:31 24 Jan 04

Hi,i got this proggy called win32.exe and it keeps turning AVG controll centre off,i have stoped it from running in msconfig and AVG works ok now but if it runs AVG dont i ran a virus check online and off found a file with JOKE VIRUS
in it and i got rid of that AVG says there isnt any viruses in fact it didnt find the joke 1 so im not sure what to do i cant find this win32.exe in a file search it only shows in msconfig,it was asking for accsess to net witch i blocked.

Regards.

Diemmess 15:43 24 Jan 04

Have a look for this exe in Win.ini.
Have had trouble in the past with incomplete removal of something entirely different, and then found the last trace in the listings of win.ini

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:48 24 Jan 04

There isnt a lot in win .ini or any of the otheres and the file isnt there i found a win32 but not a win 32.exe in windows folder but i dont want to delete the wrong thing and it says its a microsoft file.

Regards.

Diemmess 16:07 24 Jan 04

You could try renaming it say NBGwin32 and see what happens!!

Confession - I am not sure, but a search over my whole complex system shows variations of win32 but always as dll or similar files. There is none with exe nor win32 on its own.

Eastender 19:54 24 Jan 04

You might find this of interest click here

VoG II 20:19 24 Jan 04
  VoG II 20:24 24 Jan 04

AS it is a trojan click here try click here and click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:31 24 Jan 04

This is proving harder than expected i have folowed links provided and all tho they not identical they do share certain things the trouble is when i try one thing another pops up
i deleted the win32.exe file i had then another called task 32.ini appeared and asked for net rights i cant find this file on my pc either i have ran searches all over the pc in diff names and variations and i cannotfind exact match closest was a rundll32 file as i dont know what that does i dont want to delete it,AVG controll panel has not shut down since i stopped win32.exe in msconfig but how can i be sure AVG is still runing and not just saying it is ?
i have ran the online trojan scan at click here and it was clean but i know my pc and to me it seems like it wrong.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:52 24 Jan 04

Right progress i think i have found out it is WORM/AKOSW that i had dont knoe where i got it but it there i ran a program that picked it up in the reg as a run now processs it renamed the file so hopefully it cured it didnt say any thin about removal or deletion so i dont know,what i do know is it took nearly 6 hours to find the bugger lol but hopefully now it sorted.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:37 24 Jan 04

TY, VOG the simplysup scanner found it straight away it was running 2 procceses in the reg both different names now hopefully i have cured it but what a pain and AVG bieng turned off didnt help any.As always respect.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:43 25 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…