AVG Warnings

muscic lover 20:23 23 Feb 11

on a recent scan (tonight) my AVG Has found 82 WARNINGS and has placed them in the virus vault, Now question 1:
Do you empty the virus vault or leave it alone?
question 2:
Do you need to do anything about the "warnings"?
Question 3:
Are warnings serious?

I cant find the answers to these questions on the AVG site -so I thought you guys would be far more knowledgeable!
Thank you in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:17 23 Feb 11

Q1 empty when checked machine is still working OK and AV has not moved something necessary to the vault.

Q2 Yes *" sounds serious have you not had antivirus on before or let it get seriously out of date.

Q3 Yes there are only a few false positives which get sorted by an update very quickly.

GaT7 21:19 23 Feb 11

1. Leave it alone for now

2. No, not really. It shows AVG's doing its job, & these warnings shouldn't be disabled in its settings

3. It all depends what they were for exactly.

Even if your PC is working normally, I would suggest running 2 other free online AV scans one at a time: click here & click here (or you can choose any other good ones you wish).

Let us know the results after the scan.

Btw, I've been using AVG Free for about 6 years & have received about 20-30 warnings in that time (& not a single infection). So 82 all in a space of a day(?) seems pretty serious. But again, it would really depend on what they were. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5