AVG warning - heavy Explorer usage detected?

clock 15:49 PM 15 Dec 11

For a few weeks now sometimes when I am browsing web pages I get an AVG warning to the affect they have detected heavy Internet Explorer usage on the page I'm viewing (between 250 - 350 Mbs usually)and I should close down and then reconnect.

Question: Is this anything to worry about? I don't have wireless connection so assume no one can "piggyback" my connection?

I have checked disk and everything else and all seems fine, no programmes I shouldn't have, and AVG (paid for) Internet Security only finds cookies.

Clock

rdave13 16:11 PM 15 Dec 11

Couple of good links here .

clock 10:34 AM 17 Dec 11

Thanks rdave13! I'd done a search on the forum but nothing came up! Have looked at the links and as it appears I can disable it in AVG it can't be anything to worry about so I'll just ignore it for the time being!!

Will consider closed,

Clock

johndrew 11:05 AM 17 Dec 11

The 'excessive usage' warning is a 'feature' of the new AVG and many have commented upon it. In theory it is to help you use less RAM and surf faster.

Personally I feel an AV program should be just that rather than have these sorts of add-ons.

Miké 11:23 AM 17 Dec 11

I used to get this all the time with the latest AVG, my problem was that I have 17 tabs open at browser (Opera) startup. I have had no problems since disabling the warning.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…