Avg vs Avast

MMN DESIGN 17:33 21 Mar 06

Well.......The question is Which is Best???

I have finally after 4 years, trashed the all ( Not So Mighty and Resource Hog ) Norton Internet Security.

I have looked at Bit Defender which is another resource hog.

I am currently running Windows firewall
Lavasoft Ad-aware Professional
Trojan Hunter and BOClean

I do not have an av installed.

I paid enough for norton, so I am asking you all which freeby to choose.

Thanks again for all of your past, present and future guidance.

RESPECTFULLY..........Mark

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:59 21 Mar 06

Type Avg or Avast into the search forum at the top and then select 'all'. You will find over 100 similar queries. It matters not which one you choose, they are both good.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:59 21 Mar 06

ps..you do not need to select 'all'.

G

rmcqua 19:56 21 Mar 06

Try them both (but not installed at the same time) and see which you prefer using. In terms of effectiveness, they are both good and there is little to choose between them.

MMN DESIGN 21:01 21 Mar 06

Thank-you all

pennyben 23:28 21 Mar 06

Do not forget Anti Vir as well. Google for reviews and have a look.

click here

criterian 09:12 22 Mar 06

If you are just running Windows Firewall, it might be advisable for you to try some of the other FREE firewalls as well as your antivirus. Have a look at click here as this has all the links to the major players.

ade.h 15:56 22 Mar 06

Re the last comment: click here
I wouldn't recommend any other free firewall. Please read the whole page though; it initially looks like a premium-only product.

Julip 13:32 24 Mar 06

I have had experience of both. My sister uses AVG and I use Avast. They both seem to work well and no infections have been logged in either case. Both systems have been scanned on line with other applications (Symantec, Kapersky etc) to see if anything had been missed by them,but no problems were found. Best bet is to try them and see which you prefer. I had Norton on my last computer and certainly wouldn't go back to it.

anchor 10:07 30 Mar 06

similar thread:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…