AVG Virus vaults

scolley 21:39 28 Sep 07

Please help needed i have Avg-antivirus free edition and in it when i have done a scan i have found several virus,they are,

Object name Slide643(1).htm
Object Path C:\Documents and Settings\user\localsettings\Temporyinternetfiles\ content.IE5\30WAGEKX\

Discovery Virus found Exploit
File Size 2.47KB (2527bytes)
healable Yes
Source moved object
status infected.

The next one says,

Name vtr.dll
path C:\WINDOWS\System32\
Discovery Trojan horse Generic 7.YSH
File size 38.5KB (39424bytes)
Healable No
Source Backup copy
Status infected,

The next,
Name winaxx.exe
Path C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
Discovery Trojan horse SHeur.ORP
File size 7.5KB(7680bytes)
Source Backup copy
Healable No
Status infected,

I have noticed my PC as slowed down and when i type it keeps missing and i have to wait or click to start the typing again can some one tell what i do with these in the virus vault do i delete them mind which i done but they came back, Avg seems to pick them up when i cilck to come on line i am using IE7 Explorer. trouble untill 3 days ago aftre my son used the PC, desperate now, help please.
Scolley

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:42 28 Sep 07

Just let AVG delete them or move them to the Virus Vault where the can do no harm, you can delete them from the virus vault if you wish.

scolley 21:57 28 Sep 07

Hi Fruit Bat i have done this but when i switch the comp on again they return what it mean when it says that they e C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ and backup copy. i am also getting a message come up on screen,

NOTICE if your comptuer has errors in the Registry or file system it could cause predictable or erratic behavior freezesand crashes
fixing these errors can increase your computers performance and prevent loss would you like to install Error Protector to check your comp for free? ( Recommened) i have been told this is a virus in disguise. ?

VoG II 22:06 28 Sep 07

Run HJT click here and post your log on the Malware Removal Forum click here

scolley 00:50 29 Sep 07

Just ran the AVG again and its found some more this time counter class Virus identified java/ByteVerify
C:\WINDOWSand Settings\user\application
Datasunjava\Deployment\Cache\6.0\49

Parser.Class 6.0\49
39d70031-59761f01 6.0\49

GetAcesss.Class 6.0\54
Installer.Class 6.0\54
55af5d36-6ec0e4ca. 6.0\54

All the same as above
C:\WINDOWS and Settings\user\Application
Data\sunjava\Deployment\Cache

Tried the hijack thing but sure how it works as im not to clever on PC while i am trying to type this it keeps stoping and i have to click to get it going again this also happens if i send an email, any ideas, please, in need of some good PC wizard or expert, its getting so bad now, dont for get im a novice at this please,
Regards Scolley

scolley 04:19 29 Sep 07

Hi i can not open my computer icon also my control panel as gone from my start up, i can no longer do a system restore, if i try any of these a sign comes up on the screen, saying, This operation has been cancelled due to restritions in effect on this computer please contact your system administrator, can any one please help me, i am totaly stuck just havent got a clue what is going on, thanks all,
Scolley

scolley 11:32 29 Sep 07

HI All
After spending hours on the PC last night trying to work out whatis going on im no better off, in fact worse my PC is now telling me it cant read the printer what the hell is going on,? can anyone please shed some light,on all this in panic mode now, i am,
Scolley

hiwatt 16:00 29 Sep 07

Start your computer in safe mode(by tapping f8)and do a scan with avg.You could also turn off system resore first but you would loose the restore points.

hiwatt 16:03 29 Sep 07

I meant lose not "loose" your restore points.Also try this online scanner it will detect and remove any nasties it findsclick here

scolley 18:37 29 Sep 07

Cheers hiwatt i seem to have got ridden of the nasties but i can no longer find my control panel and when i click my computer and go to properties it tells me to contact your system adiministator, the same happens if i click Set program Access and Defaults, plus i can not do a system restore any idea's some one please, or will i have to reinstall Windows xp to put this right,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5