AVG versus Kerio

rawprawn 16:28 28 Jan 03

I run AVG & I am very pleased with it, but I noticed in a thread last week someone saying they thought Kerio to be the best. Has anyone who has tried both got an opinion.

Belatucadrus 17:13 28 Jan 03

Kerio is a firewall,it's a developed version of the old Tiny 2. Both are well reviewed in most places. I've them in conjunction with AVG without any problems. But definately as well as, not instead of.

rawprawn 18:47 28 Jan 03

Thanks for your response Belatucdrus

rawprawn 18:50 28 Jan 03

Sorry are you saying that you can run both AVG & Kerio at the same time, don't they clash.

rawprawn 18:54 28 Jan 03

Having read this yet again I think we are talking about 2 different applications, Kerio do an antivirus program that is free to non professional users, which is what I meant. Not a firewall such as Sygate or Zone alarm.

rawprawn 18:57 28 Jan 03

I have just checked Kerio again and you are right, it is a firewall not an antivrus. My appologies as usual I have got the wrong end of the stick.Thanks for putting me right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…