AVG Upddate problems ?

rawprawn 09:15 29 Sep 05

There seems to be a Priority Update this morning udating 2 virus bases, but having tried about 8 times , I am unable to download. Anyone else?? or is it me.

Yoda Knight 09:53 29 Sep 05

I got it last night with no bother

Chegs ® 09:58 29 Sep 05

Try a reboot of your PC,I had difficulty recently and found a reboot cleared my trouble.

It might just be the AVG server is under heavy pressure though,so try again later if a reboot fails to sort you.

Sethhaniel 10:19 29 Sep 05

just looked on both their sites and looks like last update was 28th - which I manually downloaded
yesterday -

Auotomatic updater seems to look when not available and not look when they are - if you get my drift

;)

colberly 10:53 29 Sep 05

Just downloaded with no problems, it's only a little one.

rawprawn 11:28 29 Sep 05

G'day sport, how do you manually download? I manually downloaded the updates but I don't know how to get them into AVG.
Chegs ® I tried a reboot, but still no luck, it tells me the update files are corrupted.

rawprawn 11:36 29 Sep 05

I just rebooted again, and downloaded first time. Thanks.

Sethhaniel 11:56 29 Sep 05

click here

or
click here

click on latest download

then right click AVG symbol in 'tray' select check for updates and select folded - andpoint to where youve downloaded to

rawprawn 12:06 29 Sep 05

When I right click the icon in the system tray and check for update, AVG goes online straight away (like a dingbat out of a trap)to check. I don't seem to have the option to select "Folder"

Yoda Knight 12:12 29 Sep 05

In update manager you can set it to install from a folder / internet

Sethhaniel 12:48 29 Sep 05

;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…