AVG updates won't download

ivesy 16:59 29 Jan 05

I've recently installed the latest version of AVG anti virus free version. Unfortunatley I'm having trouble updating it when I select 'check for updates' I get the message 'internet connection has failed please check your internet connection settings'. I can download updates for Adaware, Microsoft Antispyware and Zone Labs Firewall with no problems so why not AVG? I've checked the Firewall which isn't blocking it and the Windows Firewall is disabled. I have had some updates from AVG but it worries me when I get the message saying the lastest update is ready but I can't download it! Any help would be appreciated!

alan227 17:07 29 Jan 05

You are one of many ( including myself ) who has trouble downloading updates. apparently if the server is busy you just have to keep trying and eventually you will get the download.

Djohn 17:08 29 Jan 05

This is the normal message that we all see when the sever is busy. Keep trying at different times of the day to find the best time to connect and download. Usually early morning or late evening is best.

Stuartli 17:10 29 Jan 05

..keyed in AVG into the Search engine on the left of the page you would have found numerous threads on this very subject...:-)

User-312386 17:21 29 Jan 05

click here and look at this thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…