AVG updates restarts

phil.smith 14:54 03 Jul 07

Since installing updates for AVG free recently I always seem to have to restart my computer for the updates to take effect. I never had to do this before. Is this a change in AVG? Does anyone else have the same?

Totally-braindead 15:15 03 Jul 07

It does occassionally happen you have to restart but for me theres been no download that required that for some time. But mine gets updated every day.

iscanut2 16:00 03 Jul 07

I also seem to have daily updates of small files, but very rarely am asked to restart. Only happens when major update to the program version.

phil.smith 18:35 03 Jul 07

It appears to be the Updater that says it needs to restart for the updates to work

postie24 18:50 03 Jul 07

Never had to do a restart here.

Snec 22:00 03 Jul 07

My Windows ME machine often requires a restart but the XP machines never do. So, I suppose, it depends on which OS you are using.

flaming 10:20 05 Jul 07

I bought a two year package which I guess I'm over half-way through. I didn't have any trouble until recently - now every time I start the PC an AVG message/icon goes from colour to black and white, shows that I need to restart the PC to get the latest update. It's just one of a long line of things wrong with the PC. I reckon I will have to have a computer engineer along to sort out the various probs.

flaming 10:31 05 Jul 07

P.S. I should have said that updates were previously completed automatically. Also, I have a Windows XP Media Player. A Trojan was found By AVG which perhaps is affecting everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…