AVG Updates

misog 12:25 10 Dec 04

I think I just updated my new free edition AVG with 2 updates . One was a recommended update and the other was optional. The recommended one required a restart.

rawprawn 14:45 10 Dec 04

Yes mine updated this morning as schedule, but I have just tried to download the "recomended update" and I think that their server must be inundated, I have lost the connection four times.

Bagsey 14:50 10 Dec 04

Yes I have 6the same problem. Just like it used to be when AVG6 was swamped with people trying to update. Will wait until this evening when all of the young ones are out clubbing.

chub_tor 15:12 10 Dec 04

I have also found that AVG 7 won't update today - sometimes it tells me that I haven't got an internet connection, sometimes it just sits and stalls.
I'll try tomorrow.

Mango Grummit 16:06 10 Dec 04

Yup, this morning at about 9.30 this puter updated -- booted wife's up and no go. Thought at first something wrong at our end. Tried mine again and other os's on both. Realised then as Bagsey says, swamped. It does happen from time to time. Probably due to 2000+ forums like this informing those folks who seem to need informing

blanco 16:59 10 Dec 04

Just downloaded the recommended one with no delay and no restart necessary. Perhaps the crowd has gone home now.

rawprawn 18:53 10 Dec 04

Finally got it, I think blanco must be right.

chub_tor 19:12 10 Dec 04

Yep, I've got it too.

iarno 19:52 10 Dec 04

Yep mine updated ok too and done the recomended restart.
advanced warning there is another update on 11.12.04 but no time given. cant be bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misog 19:58 10 Dec 04

I found that when I clicked on update after I had downloaded the recommended update I had the option to download the optional update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac