avg updates

superspark 08:34 09 Apr 04

Can anyone tell me please: when you have downloaded the latest update from avg, are you supposed to run the program to check for viruses or does it check automatically ?
The answer may be quite obvious but I'm not sure!
Thanks very much.

GazMaz 08:43 09 Apr 04

Which version have you got I think that the Free version you have click the update button and chose internet (if your online), you should be able to schedule AVG to run say at start up, but again from memory even the free AVG runs the check periodically.
I used to run the updated AT LEAST weekly then run a full test.
If you have the full version this can all be done automatically.

Gazmaz.

superspark 09:00 09 Apr 04

I have the free version and I check to see if there is an update every time I go on to the internet. I really only wanted to know if I need to scan the hard drive after EVERY update downloaded.

Rogerfredo 09:52 09 Apr 04

Complete scans only happen if you tell them to, either by scheduling or by direct instruction.

Stuartli 10:27 09 Apr 04

Forum members kindly keep posting about new AVG updates but every time I download them at present I'm told AVG is up to date....:-(

TommyRed 11:18 09 Apr 04

Check your version number under the information tab and check it against the latest update on the AVG/grisoft site. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…