AVG updates

Jethro 20:06 07 Apr 04

I cannot get my version of AVG anti-virus to update. This is the second version that I have downloaded in the past month as the earlier one did just the same thing. I have visited the grisoft web ste and tried downloading it there instead of using the "update now" tab, the file downloaded alright but I could not get the program to update itself. Has anybody got any ideas?

emmandelo1 20:25 07 Apr 04

Discussed in some depth click here

Taw® 20:30 07 Apr 04

and here click here also download the file into grisoft-AVG-update it will load automatically when you run AVG Anti-virus

TommyRed 21:15 07 Apr 04

I update manually from the Czech site click here go to cestina (has strange accents I can't replicate)and in the drop down menu choose 'anglictina '(UK)then select 'odeslat' and chose which number updates you require, you can open a window to the site in English and flick between the two if you are not proficient in Czech, it's like a second language to me know. Save it in the UPDATE file of the AVG program and run the program to install it. It's not difficult once you've done it a few times and the Czech site is much quicker. HTH TR

canard 23:13 07 Apr 04

Or try in the morning. If it looks as if it won't just leave it and do something else and go back a bit later- it will probably have done it.

CHRISBORTH 23:59 07 Apr 04

I updated AVG this morning took a while to start but eventually started and completed. I would persevere for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…