AVG Updates

gudda96 13:21 22 Oct 03

Do any members who update AVG also update their recue floppy disks also.

If so, can you clarify how many disks you have and update and what do you name them.

wizkidwall_03 13:28 22 Oct 03

i only use 1 floppy disk that's enough i just overwrite the old updates with the new ones good choice Avg ? free edition Nice one Good luck

Jester2K II 13:43 22 Oct 03

You should update the rescue disks after each update, however as i can't get my Win XP box to create a rescue disk (long story) i don't bother....

canard 17:37 22 Oct 03

Always do the floppies but have no idea what to do with them or when to do it. Would a kindly pundit please instruct.

gudda96 17:45 22 Oct 03

Canard

What we are supposed to do is go online and update our AVG proggie (now 324) and after doing so, we should update our disks by going through the "create disk" procedure.

My troubl is that although I have done this for many months or years, it has suddenly said, disk was not created.

On my normal forum, there seems different views on how many diskd we should have and what we should do.

If there is a techie expert out there, I would appreciate some clarification on subject and said in a step x step way please.

Djohn 17:47 22 Oct 03

New up-date today. Now 325. j.

canard 17:56 22 Oct 03

Gudda I've updated AVG done my 3 backup discs but still in the dark about when to use them and how so that's 2 of us yearning for enlightenment from the cognoscenti.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:18 22 Oct 03

Never used a rescue disk from AVG in my life.

G

Djohn 18:24 22 Oct 03

Me neither but here is the answer acording to AVG.

What is Rescue Disc of AVG Anti-Virus

Rescue Disc of AVG Anti-Virus is a special floppy disk(s) on which the most important system areas of your computer are saved. The contents of Partition table, Boot sector and other internal data are stored here. These areas are often targets of virus attack and this damage could cause a malfunction of your computer or Operating system ? for example, your computer will not start.

Reparation of such damaged system areas could be very complicated. But if you have created Rescue Disc, you can do it by easy and safe way.

With a backup copy of system areas on Rescue Disc, it also stores a special program, AVG-SOS, intended to service operations.

wizkidwall_03 19:21 22 Oct 03

sorry i meant to say i rar mine first (compress)

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:07 22 Oct 03

meh! Goback3 ;-)))

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5