AVG Update problems

Ashrich 19:12 27 Apr 07

Anyone having AVG free Update problems , 2 of my machines are trying to update themselves and I get an error message saying The server name cannot be converted to the IP address , also cannot update manually from the Free AVG site , so it seems like they might be down , anyone else getting this ?

Ashley

STREETWORK 19:23 27 Apr 07

Just updated here, check your firewall is not blocking it...

Ashrich 19:42 27 Apr 07

Thanks for the reply STREETWORK , but I doubt that both firewalls would simultaneously stop it , actually , it will connect , tell me there is a priority download the come up with the error when it tries to download , and it also can't resolve the IP address from the AVG update page on the website .

I have just turned both firewalls off and it hasn't made any difference , wonder if it is my ISP ?

Also connected my laptop directly to the modem bypassing the router and it is still happening , hmmmm.....

Ashley

setecio 21:47 27 Apr 07

AVG were having update problems recently - maybe this is a continuation of the problems - check the AVG forums.

Ashrich 23:01 27 Apr 07

Thanks for the replies guys , I've solved the problem by installing Nod32 instead , I had run it with full licenses on XP Pro and as I am now happy that version 2.7 is stable on Vista it's goodbye to AVG

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5