AVG Update problems

Ashrich 19:12 27 Apr 07

Anyone having AVG free Update problems , 2 of my machines are trying to update themselves and I get an error message saying The server name cannot be converted to the IP address , also cannot update manually from the Free AVG site , so it seems like they might be down , anyone else getting this ?

Ashley

STREETWORK 19:23 27 Apr 07

Just updated here, check your firewall is not blocking it...

Ashrich 19:42 27 Apr 07

Thanks for the reply STREETWORK , but I doubt that both firewalls would simultaneously stop it , actually , it will connect , tell me there is a priority download the come up with the error when it tries to download , and it also can't resolve the IP address from the AVG update page on the website .

I have just turned both firewalls off and it hasn't made any difference , wonder if it is my ISP ?

Also connected my laptop directly to the modem bypassing the router and it is still happening , hmmmm.....

Ashley

setecio 21:47 27 Apr 07

AVG were having update problems recently - maybe this is a continuation of the problems - check the AVG forums.

Ashrich 23:01 27 Apr 07

Thanks for the replies guys , I've solved the problem by installing Nod32 instead , I had run it with full licenses on XP Pro and as I am now happy that version 2.7 is stable on Vista it's goodbye to AVG

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…