AVG update problem

Gazzerr 17:28 03 Jun 05

I installed AVG from the cover disc of the magazine but it won't update - just get internet connection failed. I have looked at the AVG website but can't see the problem. I don't have a firewall and use Windows ME.

Anyone got any ideas

pat-212841 17:46 03 Jun 05

Why dont you have a firewall ? !!!

961 17:54 03 Jun 05

AVG is often difficult to update because of pressure on the server. I assume you have version 7, if not update to that first.

Alternatively, uninstall and use Avast from click here which is also free and updates itself automatically. Works like a dream

You need Zone Alarm (free) for a firewall

sattman 20:04 03 Jun 05

You do not need a firewall to have anti virus software protection.

But I believe it is not a bad thing to have it installed
Each person has their own preferences and it is best to find what works for you.
Regarding the AVG a/v, suggest you ditch the cover version and download the latest AVG version 7 from Grisoft web site. Visit the AVG forum and read about any install problems.
If you are installing AVG on windows ME, Sygate firewall works better than Zone Alarm but use the earlier version 5

Jak_1 20:16 03 Jun 05

Go to click here and download the latest version of AVG from there, that should sort that problem.

Then go to click here and download the free version of zonealarm. It is not wise to go out and about on the net naked! Zonealarm is free and very easy to use and very highly rated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…