AVG Update problem

Rhuddlan 11:41 23 Jan 05

Hi everyone, when attempting to update AVG, the update window opens and it says opening connection, but this can last for minutes, so when I try to close the window to start the task again, it won't close. I have windows xp home sp2 and AVG 7.0. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but that was no good, any ideas???

johnnyrocker 11:42 23 Jan 05

have you got the sp2 firewall on as well as another? have you tried in safe mode?

johnny.

georgemac 12:01 23 Jan 05

the last few days I have noticed the same - I just minimize the window and leave it - it always completes the update

A3 12:05 23 Jan 05

I have the same problem, as with georgemac, I leave it and it eventually gets there. I dont think its an XP problem as I have ME.

johnnyrocker 12:07 23 Jan 05

could be a matter of adjusting your update time to a less busy part of the day.

johnny.

bof:) 12:13 23 Jan 05

Hi All, same here and at neighbours who has mentioned that they also have a problem with AVG updates. They now do as I do, minimise and wait, it always gets through in time.

Mike

Diemmess 12:28 23 Jan 05

Using W2000 it did the same thing yesterday, turned its icon gray and sulked. Have had this before, but left alone it usually finished unseen.

I noticed the update was scheduled for 23rd and this was the 22nd. ....... All went through quite normally earlier this morning (23rd).

spuds 12:54 23 Jan 05

AVG seems to have gone a little haywire of late. Just keep trying and it will eventually download and install the update.

Since the last couple of updates, I have noticed that on computer start-up, the AVG download motif set-up flashes onto my monitor screen. Similar to a reminder for a trial version!.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:00 23 Jan 05

Moved my update times to 10:00 pm and updates come through immediately now. A very popular AV and may more updates than the earlier free version.

pj123 13:07 23 Jan 05

Also having the same problem, as do 4 other friends. We are all on Win98SE. I am on NTL Broadband and it used to automatically update and install everytime I booted my PC. Now it takes about 5 or 6 minutes but it does eventually complete.

caccy 13:09 23 Jan 05

Also have this problem with Win98SE. I now go to Grisoft web site and download the update to file then update from "file" instead of internet.
Has worked O.K. so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…