AVG Update problem

Bagsey 20:00 04 Mar 04

Is it me and my machine or are Grisoft having problems. Since returning from holiday I can not update AVG. Cant get onto the site. Anyone got any clues on this.

Rtus 20:05 04 Mar 04

I was asked the same today by three other users of AVG6(free edition)wont connect for update,Ive even tried manually & have great difficulty finding any mention of the required file.If its Avg6 pro ? or 7 Ive no idea whats going on as I havent used them .

bvw in bristol 20:06 04 Mar 04

When did you return from holiday?

The site's been busy for the past few days.

beeuuem 20:08 04 Mar 04

It seems that the site is busy with the numerous updates of the past few days.
You can manually download the updates from click here
and Download the file to the UPDATE subdirectory of the AVG directory (note: the AVG directory is the directory where AVG Anti-Virus Free edition is installed).
Run AVG Anti-Virus Free edition.
AVG Anti-Virus Free edition will locate and install the new Update file automatically.

Rtus 20:09 04 Mar 04

actually thinking about the news of virus speed of infection the media announced the other day ,cant recall what the virus was,It may well be there overun wiith hopeful downloaders & just cant cope.maybe..

hugh-265156 20:10 04 Mar 04

its just very slow at updating at the moment,servers are very busy.

give it a few mins to download.if you get cannot connect errors keep trying.

beeuuem 20:11 04 Mar 04

PS The above link goes to the Professional page, scroll down and select AVG Free edition option orclick here

Gemma 20:19 04 Mar 04

Downloading now at 5k. The servers are really busy...

Gemma 20:22 04 Mar 04

Just finished. A 2 meg file in 4 minutes on broadband. Can't complain. It's free.

Como2 20:22 04 Mar 04

Could not download todays file from within AVG, had no problems manually downloading from their web sitein the last ten minutes

joe95 20:49 04 Mar 04

I have just got mine after trying all day goig out for a few jars to celebrate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…