AVG update notification

tes 07:12 15 May 08

I have upgraded to avg 8 but I still get avg 7 upgrade infarmation by email,how do I stop these or do they still apply to avg 8?

bluto1 19:41 15 May 08

Can you find anywhere in the messages to 'unsubscribe'?

tes 21:45 15 May 08

Yes bluto1 but would it stop me getting updates for avg 8

tes 06:26 17 May 08

bump

FatboySlim71 07:42 17 May 08

"Yes bluto1 but would it stop me getting updates for avg 8"

The email that you are receiving regarding AVG 7 is because you will at one point or other agreed to AVG sending you emails regarding their products etc. I would not see that un-subscribing to their emails stopping you getting updates for AVG 8.

TES, by updates do you mean definition updates or program news updates?. Even if it did stop you getting PROGRAM updates information you would probably be notified of a new program version/update by AVG 8 or you would read about a program update on here or some other place on the Internet. In a nutshell I would expect that it would be hard for you to miss a new program version.

I know I downloaded AVG 8 last weekend and I have not received any email off of AVG since doing so.

palinka 09:43 17 May 08

I think FatboySlim71 has the right idea: I've used AVG for several years and have never received emails from them; receiving emails is totally separate from getting updates. You probably ticked a box along the lines that FatboySlim71 suggested. You'll get updates automatically at a fixed time if you've set the controls to do that; or/and you can get them by clicking on "Update now".
I suggest that next time you get an email you scroll to the bottom where there will almost certainly be the option to Unsubscribe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…