Avg Update File

help please
i have avg 7.0 update file available but when i try to update i get a message update file corrupt
use an other file
how do i get another file ???

Pesala 23:36 03 Nov 03

Unless I misunderstood, as I have only the free version. From the control centre you click on Update Manager, then update now, and a new virus update file will be downloaded and installed automatically. Possibly the previous download got interrupted during transfer. Just do the update again.

i have tryed that but it still says update file corrupt after i update

Djohn 23:45 03 Nov 03

There was a thread on this very subject a couple of months back, that too was with version 7. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it but will try to find it. Maybe someone else has a link to it because it gave the answer of how to remove the corrupt download before downloading again. j.

Djohn 00:40 04 Nov 03

I've had a look, but can't find the specific link. There are one or two threads that suggest the same as "Pesala". That is to wait and try again later.

There are also a couple of suggestions regarding the free version AVG 6 saying that, if you have a corrupt "Installer" folder and it is causing a problem, then sometimes it's quicker to un-install the program and download a fresh version. I don't know if this will apply to the paid for version though. j.

porci 05:01 04 Nov 03

Have you tried downloading manually, ie going to the grisoft website downloading the file, then specifying that you want to update from a folder and not the internet?

still getting error message after trying all above
gone back to Avg 6.0
thanks for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…