AVG Update

Foolsbane_1 12:00 30 Jan 03

I can't believe this has not been posted already, but I don't see anything so ....

AVG 6.0.449 Virus Database 251 now available.

spikeychris 12:03 30 Jan 03

click here you have to type "hit and miss" into the search bar ;o)

Djohn 12:03 30 Jan 03

Yes, on Tue. but thanks for the reminder.

Foolsbane_1 12:07 30 Jan 03

That's strange! I normally check for updates every day. I can accept that I might have forgotten to do so on Tuesday, but to forget on Wednesday as well ... very worrying!

Templar1961 12:07 30 Jan 03

Doesn't AVG update virus signatures automatically?

My brother uses AVG because its free - do I need to advise him to update?

I use Norton Antivirus that I have set on automatic update for peace of mind - does AVG not have a similar option?

Stuartli 12:13 30 Jan 03

It's always been a source of amazement to me that AVG updates warrant such a fanfare in these forums.

Like Tempolar961 I use NortonAV and check for updates daily - some days there are none and others there may be one or more. But they are always kept up to date by Norton.....:-)

Djohn 12:14 30 Jan 03

Foolsbane_1, Yes I check most days manually, and even then miss out if I check at the wrong time.

Templar1961, Yes mine is set to auto. update at 17-00hrs each day, but if an update is released at 17-01, then I miss it and have to wait until the next day when I may not be on line, so miss it again. That is one of the reasons for the notifications on here, it also reminds people whom use other anti-virus software, to check theirs is up to date.

spikeychris 12:20 30 Jan 03

You also have the chance to win a holiday!! click here

Magik™ 12:36 30 Jan 03

cos we all have nothing better to do ;-))

€dstow 12:52 30 Jan 03

I wondered how I'd beaten you to it, Foolsbane!! Thought you'd gone away for a few days.;-)

Foolsbane_1 12:52 30 Jan 03

I appreciate the reminders. And it appears that I may need all the help I can get. :0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…