AVG Update 489 (Problem)

Jester2K II 21:35 10 Jun 03

Update 489 available. Added detection of I-Worm/Mapson, I-Worm/Jark, I-Worm/Kickin, I-Worm/Mintal, I-Worm/Vande, Worm/Bajos, Worm/Muma, Win32/Lamzan, Win32/Kroter and new variants of Backdoor.VB, Worm/Spybot.
- June 10, 2003 -

However my Update Manger says i am up to date and manually doing the download into the Update folder doesn't work either!!!

Jester2K II 21:36 10 Jun 03

Found out why. Website say 489 is out but website still holding 488 update...

BarryKeith 21:44 10 Jun 03

If you have set AVG to update automatically, it's quite likely that the update has already been installed so that trying to install it again gives the 'Up to date' message.
My own setup is for an update every day, sometimes I see it update, but very often I don't, I do not worry over it as I know it's up to date.

Jester2K II 21:48 10 Jun 03

No i always to it manually.

Also the update announcement only went up 5 min's ago...

Anyway what does would that have to do with the fact that the latest update on the site is 488 when the website says 489 is avalible?? Pretty amazing if AVG can update from an update thats not even on their website!!! ;-)

misog 22:04 10 Jun 03

Still cant update by clicking on the update manager. Its worrying that the download server is now free.grisoft.cz is this signs of things to come

misog 22:05 10 Jun 03

Still cant update by clicking on the update manager. Its worrying that the download server is now free.grisoft.cz is this signs of things to come

Nosmas 22:11 10 Jun 03

If you navigate your way to click here there is a drop down for selection of the AVG version you wish to update.

Selecting AVG 6.0 Free Edition takes you to a page that states the Version Number is 488. However if you select AVG 6.0 Professional/Trial that takes you to a page stating that the Version Number is 489. Seems Grisoft have got into a bit of a muddle - unless they only intend the update to be applied to the Professional and not the Free version!

misog 22:34 10 Jun 03

Have now updated ok to 489 288. BarryKeith if you are not running this version then you are not up to date.

Jester2K II 08:23 11 Jun 03

All sorted. The free version will be supported until at least the end of the year according to Grisoft. After that who knows as AVG 7 comes out soon.

graham√ 08:58 11 Jun 03

Some confusion here. The Program Version is 6.0.489, the Virus Database is 288. The latter is the update.

Jester2K II 09:25 11 Jun 03

I know. I went here a while back. If you look on the webiste it calls it Update 489.

Update 489 available. Added detection of I-Worm/Mapson, I-Worm/Jark, I-Worm/Kickin, I-Worm/Mintal, I-Worm/Vande, Worm/Bajos, Worm/Muma, Win32/Lamzan, Win32/Kroter and new variants of Backdoor.VB, Worm/Spybot.
- June 10, 2003 -

Also on Free Version download page

Version Number 489
Update File d602wt5j.bin
Language English
Size 3576019 bytes
Date 10.06.2003

I did e-mail Grisoft about this but they never answered...

I normally just refer to the Update number... even though i know it doesn really relate to the database / prgram version numbers!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now