avg update

pat2068 00:56 04 May 05

avg update 266.11.3 sorry if already posted leo

Just got the download - Thanks leo

Lionheart ? 08:08 04 May 05

Thanks.

Sethhaniel 08:11 04 May 05

AVI: 266.11.3
min. AVI: 266.11.0 Added detection of new variant of Worm/Opanki, I-Worm/Bagle, new variants of trojans PSW.Bancos, PSW.Banker. May 4, 2005 22.9 kB

;)

pauldonovan 08:33 04 May 05

..posts are when I think most people probably have AVG configured to get updates automatically over the internet?

I'm not complaining just interested - maybe it is in case you are online for a few hours and your AVG isn't checking for updates and you can keep up to date in the interim?

Joe R 08:58 04 May 05

pauldonovan,

There is a thread about this subject, running in speakers corner just now.

I personally, have my updates set for 17.00, but if they are available before then I download them.

Waiting 7 or 8 hours so that my automatic downloads start going, seems like asking for trouble.

Regards. Joe

leo the lion, Thank you.

Sethhaniel 13:19 04 May 05

I don't have mine configured to download automatically - so download it as file when update is available - from my broadband machine
latest 4+ mb file in 11 seconds - I can then transfer it via memory stick to my laptop in seconds - rather than it connect automatically via dial-up and after half an hour still wants 28 minutes to download same file.
Just look through the threads of 'auto update' not working - and look at all threads of when update is actually released - NOT the same time every day and sometimes three or more times in one day -
Look at how many posts there are when an update is available and those on automatic have not got it - :0
No the world is not full of users on superfast broadband PCs - a lot are on slower machines where manual download is by far the fastest / more sucure method ;)

Modo 14:01 04 May 05

Sober.P sailed in through AVG professional version, through Eclipse's server based av and through ZoneAlarms configured to quarantine .zip files (sober.p is hidden in a .zip) at 07.30 yesterday morning.

It also activated itself without the attachment being open. Fortunastely it was spotted within minutes before it managed to get an infestation going. But poor marks all round to the professionals. Looks like they were caught napping on a public holiday in many countries.

colberly 15:24 04 May 05

AVG free version picked this up yesterday in an e mail that arrived on my PC and put the attachment in the virus vault before it could do any damage.
So 10/10 for AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac