avg update

marcbryant 10:50 29 Jan 05

Hello all. I am getting rather tired of trying to update my free version of avg antivirus 7.0. I keep getting the message that I am receiving from the server but nothing ever happens. Sometimes I get a message saying that I need to check my internet connection.
I appreciate that the servers are busy bit i have tried all times of day and night and I get nowhere. I have removed Norton firewall and ma now using the windows firwall and I have ensured that the relevant avg files have been enabled on that. I am using XP.

Can somebody please help me???? It is still telling me that an update is available.

Hamish 11:08 29 Jan 05

Hello. This has happened a lot lately. Type Avg into the search box. I kept trying a number of times last night with the same results as you are having but then got through and received the update.

Hamish 11:11 29 Jan 05

I should have said that I did not change any settings

jimv7 11:11 29 Jan 05

There is a problem with the avg update site, it happens occasionaly,

manually update from click here download the update file to desktop and point the update manager at it.

rawprawn 11:20 29 Jan 05

We are all suffering the same problem, you just have to be patient. I find the easiest way is to put it on Auto Update and leave it to it's own devices. I suppose this is the price of using a very popular free AV.

johnnyrocker 11:23 29 Jan 05

last night it updated ok but this morning there was another update and it told me 6 times i had no i/net connection 7th time went in ok.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…