//some 3rd party need geo

AVG Update

pj123 14:34 03 Sep 03

My AVG Control Centre tells me that my database is too old. When I try to update it I get the message that "You are up to date please try again later" or words to that effect. The problem is I have just been to somone else to show them how to update AVG and it downloaded a 1.6mb file?
Anyone else having update problems with AVG?

Djohn 14:56 03 Sep 03

Not sure on this Pete but think that AVG engine was updated sometime back, so if you still have the old one, new updates won't be recognised.

also I found that after downloading the "Blaster" patch from M/S I needed to delete and do a fresh download of AVG. It now works fine.

Current file version is: 313 j.

GroupFC 15:26 03 Sep 03

I have had a similar problem. I could get the update (as Djohn says version 313), on one machine, but on another machine the update manager kept telling me I was up to date, when I knew I wasn't as it was showing file 312!

Anyway, as I had it on one machine, I copied it to CD to get the second up to date.

If you want let me know and I'll e-mail the update file to you (1,589 Kbs so it will take a few minutes - especially as I'm only on dial-up!).

Djohn 16:00 03 Sep 03

That's very kind of you, but pj123 lives just up the road from me. :o)

GroupFC 16:04 03 Sep 03

Get your bike out then and pop round! LOL

Djohn 16:27 03 Sep 03

:o)

soy 16:33 03 Sep 03

Check that you system Time and date is correct. I had the same problem before and I discovered that my PC was set to year 2001.

Peverelli 16:37 03 Sep 03

I think it "might" have something to do with your AVG settings under update manager. If you have "Update if database is older than" set for (say) 3 days - then it will tell you your database is too old after 3 days, even if no update is available. Could be wrong though.

PS: latest update was 6.0.514 / 312

Peverelli 16:40 03 Sep 03

Hmmm! I've got 312, so why is update manager telling me I'm up to date?

Djohn 16:40 03 Sep 03

Latest update is 6.0.515 Flke 313 :o(

Djohn 16:43 03 Sep 03

Flke = File! Sorry. Not sure but as I mentioned above, I too was having a few probs last week, then did a fresh download of AVG, now works OK. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…