AVG uninstall problem

alan007 17:22 25 Feb 07

I had to run a system restore which fixed audio problems i was having with my laptop but when everything was back to normal i had a problem with AVG anti-virus.

When i tried to launch AVG Control Centre i got message saying - could not initalize AVG anti-virus kernal interface - application cannot run.

I then tried to uninstall AVG but got message saying installer initaliztion failed due to following error - initalization of the language file "C:\Program files\Grisoft\AVGFREE" failed.

Can anyone help?? Cheers

Michael_R 17:37 25 Feb 07

The general thought is that if an uninstall fails to find a component then reinsatll the program and then uninstall it. In your case if still want AVG I would suggest that you just download a new copy and reinstall. This should reinstall over the previous copy and " fingers crosesed" all should be well.

birdface 18:34 25 Feb 07

You can try ,Right click AVG on quick start,Quit AVG control centre,Apply or ok.Cant remember which one that stops it running,Then try removing it from add remove.If not reinstall it,See if it works ,if not uninstall again,Remember to stop it running first,Then run C Cleaner and Install again.

Totally-braindead 20:39 25 Feb 07

I would download AVG again afresh and run it. When you run the downloaded program theres an option to delete it.

beynac 20:47 25 Feb 07

I suggest that you re-install it. Select the Repair option.

skidzy 21:01 25 Feb 07

If all the above fails you,remove the program while in safemode.Tapping F8 on startup will get you into safemode.Then run ccleaner when into windows,click here
Then download again and install.

alan007 21:09 25 Feb 07

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your help but i managed to solve this myself by installing AVG 7.0 Free from a cd that i got free with magazine and was able to update it 7.1 then 7.5! Thanks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now