Avg uninstall issue

Femme 13:02 25 May 07

I cannot uninstall avg.
I tried through add remove and get error message.
Its still listed under add remove but its not working.No way can i uninstall whole thing windows xp
Thanks again

recap 13:05 25 May 07

Download Ccleaner if you click here this should uninstall it for you.

Femme 13:08 25 May 07

Ill try that

Femme 13:12 25 May 07

nstaller initialization failed due to following error:
Error: Initialization of the language file "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7" failed.
General failure.
This is error message I get when I click add remove

matofthemint 14:19 25 May 07

Download the AVG programme and run it - it should have a repair tick; repair and you should be able to un-install. If no repair tick, run install, then you should be able to un-installe.

birdface 14:20 25 May 07

Hi, You have to stop it running first,In quick start.Right click Avg,Quit Avg control Center, Another box should appear Click yes.This will stop it running and you should be able to delete it from add remove then.It may come back with missing file cannot delete,You may have to reinstall it,Then follow the instructions again.Or you can try this, click here run it and if Avg is in there delete it,And leave the rest, Check add remove and if still there try and delete it.

p;3 14:52 25 May 07

just to ask if there is some reason why you need TO uninstall avg?

Femme 15:04 25 May 07

this is over my head confused
I want to get rid of it to put norton back as I already paid for one year.
Norton will not let me install with avg still there.
Seems no matter what I try avg wont go away.
ty sigh

baldtaco 15:16 25 May 07

Femme, hola

Sounds like either of two things. Either AVG is still running or it is broken. If you have followed what buteman said, and you are sure it is not running, then in all probability the chances are it's knackered. At the moment my money would still be on you having it running [you can't uninstall a running process].

If you are 100% certain that is not the case, then try reinstalling it again, to replace any broken bits. Then, after buteman, making sure it isn't running, try uninstalling again.

p;3 15:16 25 May 07

what is wrong, if anything WITH avg and its performance on your pc?? and, when the Norton subs are next due and probably increase..then what? and 'put Norton back' how did you originally remove it and why??

Femme 15:21 25 May 07

you please simplify explanation.
P I really rely on system works -norton
this is what Im trying to rein stall and avg is just anti virus.It is not running its still showing but not up and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac