AVG Uninstall error

Jazzyboo 22:15 23 Aug 10

I am trying to uninstall AVG and keep getting the following message and it won't uninstall.

Installer initialization failed due to following error:
Error: Initialization of the language file "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7" failed.
General failure.

Also whenever I log on I get a message saying

Initialisation failed etc.

northumbria61 22:21 23 Aug 10

You need to download AVG Remover tool from here - click here

Jazzyboo 22:44 23 Aug 10

Sorry, do I have to do each one individually and it looks on some of them that I am installing. Is this correct?

northumbria61 22:58 23 Aug 10

You just need to click on and SAVE to your Desktop - then RUN - select the 1st file in that list for 32bit sysytem - if you have 64bit the 2nd file

northumbria61 23:00 23 Aug 10

To sum up - either the 1st file in that list for 32bit or 2nd file for 64bit - FORGET about the rest.

Jazzyboo 23:33 23 Aug 10

Still there. I always got this message when I log on:

Could not initialise AVG Anti Virus Kernal Interface. Application cannot run.

I am trying to install Norton 360 and it won't let me because I have to uninstall AVG. I do not use AVG At the moment I have Avast.

Sea Urchin 23:58 23 Aug 10

Then there is your answer - you must uninstall Avast as well. You should not have more than one anti virus program.

Jazzyboo 00:12 24 Aug 10

I could not run AVG when I changed from XP to Vista thats why I installed Avast. I just cannot get rid of ABG and those messages. All I want is to install Norton 360 and forget about AVG and Avast. Just cannot do it

northumbria61 07:06 24 Aug 10

If you are confident at editing the Registry do the following;-

Start - Run - type REGEDIT - HKEY_CURRENT USER - Software - AVG - right click to DELETE this folder.

birdface 08:37 24 Aug 10

Maybe download and use revo uninstaller to remove both.
The free version will do it.

click here

Remove Avast first then you would need to install avg again then remove it.
Or stop avast from running install AVG then remove it.Then uninstall Avast.

Jazzyboo 22:38 24 Aug 10

Still no luck - I have tried everything suggested stil keep getting the same two message and still cannot install Norton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac