AVG undelivered mail

FreMar 14:24 02 Jan 09

Some of my emails are being returned as undelivered by my free AVG outgoing email scanner, although other emails to the same address often do get delivered. I have no trouble receiving mail.
An error message comes back with the undelivered mail ie: The e-mail server has responded with the following error: Cannot open SMTP connection to '127.0.0.1' I have checked all my account settings,which seem correct,and have had a look at those in the AVG program under tools/advanced/servers/SMTP, but I am not sure about those though. I use talktalk broadband, and have windows XP,and PC tools firewall installed. I phoned talktalk but they said to contact AVG (but not easy with the free version) I wondered if it would be ok to try to send mail out with the scanner disabled to see if this would work.

iscanut 14:29 02 Jan 09

Worth a try !

Quiet Life 14:32 02 Jan 09

Why scan outgoing mail? If you protection is in order then what is the risk. I use AVG and have never scanned out going mail.

provider 2 14:33 02 Jan 09

Perhaps you might find some answers in the responses to AVG e-mail questions here:

click here

FreMar 15:42 02 Jan 09

thanks to all,will try to send emails with outgoing scanner disabled, as it makes sence that if I forward something on that was scanned and ok comming in, it must be ok going out!

palinka 16:53 02 Jan 09

I never scan OUTgoing mail - takes time and is unnecessary.

palinka 16:53 02 Jan 09

I never scan OUTgoing mail - takes time and is unnecessary.

FreMar 11:55 05 Jan 09

I have disabled the AVG outgoing scanner at the advice of AVG's own forum, as their FAQ 1287 states that it is not active by default,as AVG's 'resident scanner' would stop any infected mail going out anyway. Now everything works fine. thanks for all your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5