AVG tip from djohn worth a re-run

Eargasm 22:36 15 Sep 04

Hi all

I have been looking through some old posts,and found a tip from djohn that i thought was worth a mention as there must be loads of new forum members using avg.

It's ok to delete old .bin files from your update folder and free up space.

My computer/c:drive/programs/grisoft folder/avg folder/update folder, and delete old files.

I had 25mb in mine

Dipso 22:50 15 Sep 04

I'm showing 22.8MB, I don't have a space problem but will delete if they are no longer required. Can you clarify, do I delete everything in the update folder, you say "old.bin files", do I have to check which are newer?

Djohn 22:57 15 Sep 04

Yep Dipso, delete everything in the folder, EXCEPT the 1KB update control file.

Eargasm 23:01 15 Sep 04

Iv'e found the thread click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:29 15 Sep 04

You can delete everything in the update file, including the control file.

Dipso 23:33 15 Sep 04

Ever wished you had left something alone....incorrect use of control key resulted in me having 120MB of files instead of the original 20 odd...don't ask. Anyway, all deleted now, thanks for links/clarification.

Time to go to bed before I do any more damage ;)

Djohn 23:36 15 Sep 04

That is why I advised it to be left in for safety. So that other members are not confused by what seems to be two different answers I deleted the control file myself just now to check and GANDALF <|:-)> is correct. It is safe to delete all files in the folder.

deke 11:55 16 Sep 04

: )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…