AVG is there a problem?

ACOLYTE 23:16 16 Apr 05

I have just updated AVG and have a little problem a box poped up after that said the virus definition had the wrong date and i should check my pc date witch i did i also restarted but the box still appears is this fixable?I know its gonna be easy but the fix eludes me lol.

jolorna 23:35 16 Apr 05

i had the same problem with the update yesterday open avg double click internal virus daterbase and check ignore faulty condition of the componant and click apply

ACOLYTE 23:40 16 Apr 05

Ok thx but before i do this would doing that make any errors AVG has in the future not show up? ticking a box that says ignore faults may have adverse affects if there is a fault,sorry dont mean to belittle your reply just wont to know what the outcome would be,lol.

ACOLYTE 23:41 16 Apr 05

Sorry was typing as you replyed i updated through
AVG.

jolorna 23:50 16 Apr 05

i have now unchecked ignore faulty condition of the componant and clicked apply and back to normal have done 3 or 4 manual updates since and everything is ok this end im now on 266.9.15

ACOLYTE 23:58 16 Apr 05

Thx, 266.9.15 is the one i had the error with so i may need to wait for further updates to see if it works?i should say that now my AVG icon is black and white and not the usuall color witch means there is a problem as i know,but have checked task manager and AVG is still running.

jolorna 00:00 17 Apr 05

if you go back to my first posting and do as i said it will put your icon back to the correct colour

p;3 00:04 17 Apr 05

have you rebooted your pc since this happened as you may need to do that to get your black and white icon back to the coloured one:)

ACOLYTE 00:07 17 Apr 05

Ok i have looked and the data base is , 266.9.15
released on 16/4/2005 witch is correct as far as i know,i checked again and I'm up to date AVG wise no more downloads.jolorna i did what you said and yes it has put the colour back but when can i unchecked the error ignore i dont like to leave it ticked incase there really is an error,and i wont be told.

jolorna 00:13 17 Apr 05

try it now or just leave it a day like i did and that was only because i had forgoten about it untill i read your thread but even with it checked it had updated ok each time and scanned ok, im going to bed now so this will be my last reply for now

p;3 08:51 17 Apr 05

I am also finding that with a lot of the updates it is necessary to restart the computer to complete the update, as with the one that has just happened::))

at present I now have a black and white symbol that will change to a coloured one when I reboot:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…