AVG suddenly taking long time to scan email

hawthorn59 01:20 11 Jun 08

Hi

Since one of the regular daily updates to AVG7.5 I now notice its taking my emails a lot longer to download. And I can see every individual one in the bottom r hand corner of the screen being scanned. Its a real pain. Whats happening i wonder?

h

Acx 03:09 11 Jun 08

AVG now have version 8.0 out.

I believe an e-mail was sent out by AVG to say that 7.5 would no longer be supported - from about June 08 (the exact date of this termination is a bit of a mystery, but 31/05/08 was the earliest date I came across), so you could be seeing the first signs of this.

Version 8.0 is a very big change/update to the software of 7.5 and I had a lot of problems making the change (but to be fair, a lot on this forum also reported no problems whatsoever).

Upgrade to version 8 if you are feeling brave, if not you may have to consider your options.

brundle 06:22 11 Jun 08

Support until the end of 2008 apparently;
click here

johndrew 09:46 11 Jun 08

I am also using AVG 7.5 and have noticed the increased e-mail scanning time. Perhaps there are more `nasties` to check for and this is the reason. Obviously the larger the e-mail the longer it will take anyway.

The time for scanning is not that great so I shall live with it rather than risk an unwanted `attachment`.

provider 2 11:49 11 Jun 08

Several options will have to be reconsidered if you want to use AVG 8.0, apparently:

click here

provider 2 11:50 11 Jun 08

click here

And here.

provider 2 11:52 11 Jun 08

Doesn`t work. See

1214 AVG 8.0 Conflicts

hawthorn59 22:33 11 Jun 08

Its just that the longer email scanning time started suddenly this week, after one of the updates.

I used to use avast and it was ok. What other decent free choices are there?

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…