AVG still an issue

gazmix 19:46 10 Jul 08

Ok, so 1st, Avg 8 don't work with my Ashampoo firewall!!
I install another firewall, which i hate & AVG is doing what it did with my other firewall in the way of my browser not staying open!
My Firefox browser says not responding about a minute into a session & needs to close & wants to send a report!
This is happening when i download & install AVG 8 onto a mates pc & works pc, so some of you guys must be experiencing it too?
Help appreciated, or advice on a descent replacement!
cheers
gaz

bamfiesler 19:51 10 Jul 08

That's interesting. I've just posted about shutdowns not long after upgrading AVG 7 to AVG 8.
Something's going on with AVG. Must be.

Wrabitt 22:07 10 Jul 08

Is it the Tuesday Patch from your friends & mine M*c*oS**ft?
See other threads and news item. I have AVG 8 and Zone Alarm and it has taken me 24 hours of frantic carry on to get back online. It is unbelieveable that the universes greatest IT co. doesnt test its software before automatically sending it to evryone!

gazmix 22:45 10 Jul 08

Well yeh, upgrading to 8.0 is not good for me too, thats why i'm posting here to seek advice in the HELProom!

Nothing to do with patches as work has em, i don't.

Again!
Help needed about Firefox crashing & version 8.0.
thats all!

Thanks

provider 2 22:56 10 Jul 08

Maybe you will find some answers in the AVG free forums:

click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…