AVG, should I upgrade ???? help please

Green 1 02:18 02 Oct 10

Hello all, I have AVG 8.5 on my computer and it is running ok, I now notice that there is a version 9 out and would like to know if there are any problems with it that would make it better to stay put with what I have, I am running XP and as I say, I have not had any prob's yet, also, if I do have to put 9 on, is there anything to watch out for when loading it, Many thanks for any replies I may receive, Brian.

birdface 07:56 02 Oct 10

I think you will find that there is a version 10 out now.
At least new version 2011.

If downloading do not go for the automatic download and download manually.
This way you can untick AVG Toolbar and Yahoo Homepage.Also the Language pack and link scanner if you don't use it.

click here

Green 1 15:19 02 Oct 10

Buteman, many thanks for that reply and the heads up on what to do, I will do as you say if I can, (silver surfer) and not a very good one, once again, many thanks, Brian.

birdface 15:49 02 Oct 10

I think quite a lot of us are at that age or getting close to it.
Just a matter of coming on here every day and you will pick up a few tips now and again.
I came on here about 6 years ago for a bit of help for my computer problems and still here.
Still get the odd problem but in the right place to get it sorted.

collene 17:48 20 Oct 10

Hi

I had version 9 and stupidly upgraded to 2011.

Upgrade to v.9 but do not get 2011. Everyonehaving all sorts of problems

johnem 22:24 20 Oct 10

If you do install AVG 2011 Free, remember to fill in the feedback/registration form or the antivirus section will not work.
It is installed and working on XP professional XP3 and Win 7 professional and as yet seems to be working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…