AVG searching all drives

bertelbee 01:53 29 Aug 09

I have AVG8.5 free addition set to do a system scan two times a week. Unfortunately, it scans my iomega drive also, taking at leat eight hours to complete. I've tried pushing the fast scan slider to the fastest setting but it resets itself to medium at the next scan. I'd like to have it just scan my C-drive, but I cannot see a way to limit the scan locations. Anyone know how to set AVG to just scan my C-drive?

Thanks,
BB

Roadgiant 07:09 29 Aug 09

Open up the main user interface (by clicking the AVG icon in taskbar or from list of programs in start menu), at the top select tools and select advanced settings, select schedules and then scheduled scan, at the top of the open window there are 3 tabs, select the 3rd tab "what to scan", select the option at the top "scan specific files or folders" and then put a tick mark in the drive(s) you want to scan and then select apply at the bottom and its done.
I struggled to find this option myself, but now have it only scanning my selected drives.
Hope this helps
RG

Roadgiant 07:14 29 Aug 09

Forgot to mention you can also set the fast scan option as a default, using the 2nd tab "how to scan" from the scheduled scan window.
RG

birdface 09:37 29 Aug 09

I only use the fast scan when not going to use the computer for a while.I have an oldish computer and the fast scan eats up the CPU.
I have to run it on the slow scan when on here.
The power down computer when scan is finished is an excelent idea.And I normally use that if I am going out.

bertelbee 06:33 03 Sep 09

Roadgaint,
There it was right in front of me all along -- didn't see the tab before
Thanks so much, that did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now