AVG Scheduler

Bass99 18:02 23 Jun 03

I want to run AVG virus check on different times on different days. This I thought to do with Schedule Wizard. That is if I knew the file spec to start av test running.

Can anyone help please?

keith-236785 18:30 23 Jun 03

as far as i am aware you can only pick ONE time of the day for the daily scan.

you can however do a scan manualy anytime you want, Right click the taskbar icon, choose "run anti-virus", click on Tests then custom test, then choose the drive/ folder/ file you want to scan.

or just click the Run Complete Test button on the main screen to check your whole system.

Bass99 18:52 23 Jun 03

Thank you Paperman27,

Using Windows ME with the Scheduled Task Wizard I have the option of setting scheduled tasks running, what I am hoping for is to set up a cople of tasks with different days and times to do the same task. The same as I can do with say Disc Defragmenter.

Pesala 22:49 23 Jun 03

Slightly off topic, but I set up AVG to check for updates daily at 8:00 am. If none is available the updater flashes on screen for a few seconds before closing down. If a new update is available it downloads it in the background and applies the patch, then restarts AVG automatically. IMO if you have AVG resident shield running you only need to do a full test once a week, or if you suspect problems.

Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think any more than that is overkill.

Bass99 18:03 24 Jun 03

Thank you Pesala,

I was looking to do it twice a week, though once a week should be adequate.

It is starting to look like I have to accept the AVG daily scheduler, or manualy do it once a week. Having a computer and doing jobs manualy does not sit well with me.

keith-236785 07:21 25 Jun 03

my avg is set to run daily at 7am, as i am on broadband i feel it is nescessary to do this. it might be overkill but you cant be too careful.

Bass99 17:43 25 Jun 03

Having just gone broadband I shall accept the daily schedular. Boot up first thing in the morning and let it get on with it. Instead of my normal mid day boot up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…