AVG scan false positives

Halmer 08:39 01 Oct 08

Just noticed that the latest automatic AVG scan has picked up two trojans. Unless it's a big coincidence these must be false positives as I have recently.

1. Updated my HP printer software.
2. Downloaded the i386 files from XP SP2 to repair system restore

the alleged trojans are: -

1.Generic11.NXN in the C:/HP/Recovery/Wizard folder
2.Constructor.CJA in the E:/I386/Apps folder

How do I know whether to delete them or not as they are sitting in my virus vault please?

birdface 10:10 01 Oct 08

Just go into history ,virus Vault to see if they are there.Avg throws up a few false positives now and again so always better to save them rather than delete them.

birdface 10:16 01 Oct 08

I don't suppose you have a dell computer Avg has been throwing up a few false positives with dell users..maybe try this just to be in the safe side, [Free version]click here

Halmer 10:30 01 Oct 08

I restored them and then ran a Bit Defender on line scan so I'm hoping they are FPs.

It's a Compaq PC.

Dart Echo 13:09 01 Oct 08

This is why I left AVG..... so many false positives. You need to be able to trust these things. It really became a liability and next to useless in the end.

birdface 13:23 01 Oct 08

It found one a while back on my A Squared so put it in the virus vault and left it for a few days.Sure enough it came back as a false positive.So I restored it back from the virus vault but could not get a Squared to run properly so had to delete that and reinstall it.So restoring from the virus vault does not seem to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…