AVG resident Shield using 80% of the CPU

birdface 18:32 03 May 08

Hi.Started an A Squared scan before going for dinner.Came back expecting it to be finished,Tried Taskmanager to see if anything else was slowing it down.and AVG resident shield [avgrsx.exe] was using up to 80% of the CPU.I Went into AVG and disabled it and that stopped the problem in TaskManager.Now I already have the link scanner disabled because of a conflict with McAfee Site Advisor.Not much left to disable,Anyone else having problems with the Resident shield.Its a pity they did not just do an Anti-Virus upgrade.it might have saved a lot of problems.Ive used it for about 3-4 years now and never had any problems.I have got to the stage now where it is Will I remove it or not.

Digital 18:39 03 May 08

I presume you're using version 8? I tried it & had several probs so went back to 7.5 & I'll keep that until 8 gets a bit older & mature- like me!

birdface 19:18 03 May 08

Yes using version 8.And would go back to 7.5 but they are supposed to be stopping it soon.

birdface 19:29 03 May 08

I suppose I could disable the anti-spyware section as well and that would make it just the Anti-Virus and E-Mail scanner left.I Wonder if that would work or would it create more problems when up-dating.

birdface 19:53 03 May 08

Nope.I cannot find a way to disable the anti-spyware.So will just let it run.Not unless someone else knows how to stop it from running.

birdface 13:41 04 May 08

Ok.Since I have disabled the resident shield I no longer have problems with the CPU.So will class this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…