avg resident shield problem

lisapolly1 12:40 20 Dec 09

hi wondered if anyone can help...just downloaded avg free 9.0 and all components are working correctly except it keeps saying that resident shield is not active. no matter times i manually set it to active it still says the same thing. restarting pc hasn't made any difference! any suggestions welcome!
Thanks

birdface 12:49 20 Dec 09

Have you clicked on the resident shield and at the bottom left there is a little square to be ticked to make it active.Then press save changes.

birdface 12:50 20 Dec 09

Also try for more updates to AVG .

lisapolly1 12:51 20 Dec 09

yes have done all that, even went into the advanced settings menu and did it from there but no joy so far....thanks anyway.

lisapolly1 12:57 20 Dec 09

hey buteman it seems to have miraculuosly righted itself the last time i tried turning resident shield off then on!!! all ok for now....til the next time. thankyou.

Sea Urchin 13:01 20 Dec 09

Did you download it to replace AVG 8.5 by any chance? You'll see from this previous thread that it only seemed to work correctly if the new version was downloaded on top of the previous one (which it then automatically uninstalls). But hopefully yours will now continue to work properly.

click here

birdface 13:02 20 Dec 09

Maybe try this.

The AVG Resident Shield normally happens right after installation, or after a program update. The resolution to fix and re-enable the Resident Shield to Active status is simple though. To resolve the issue, just to go Tools -> Advanced settings, and then click on Resident Shield in the tree menu. By default, the check box for Enable Resident Shield is ticked (enabled as active). Uncheck and unselect the Enable Resident Shield option, click Apply to temporarily unactivate the Resident Shield, and then tick the Enable Resident Shield check box again to enable it. Click Apply to make change effective, and the Resident Shield should work properly.
Worth a shot.

birdface 13:09 20 Dec 09

Ok glad it is working again for you.I should have refreshed the thread before posting.

lisapolly1 13:10 20 Dec 09

hi sea urchin i actually uninstalled avg 8.5 first then installed avg 9.0, maybe that was the problem...anyway seems to be working ok now. thanks guys. first time on here will def come back again if i get anymore problems!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…