AVG Question

swanny2 11:43 16 Jul 08

Hello
i have The Commodo Firewall ,also Avg (free) running XP
Problem is ,well im not sure if it is,when i go too turn me Pc on and everything is loaded,i get a pop up in the corner from Comodo saying this-

swanny2 11:49 16 Jul 08

lexpore exe has the component avgrsstx in its memory loaded by a regitry based (Applinit.Dlls) hook which could be used by Keylogger to steal private info.Verify augrsstx .dll is a valid Libary before proceeding with the request
I then get a few more pop ups involving avg like Appinit.Dll I have a option too allow or Block,im not sure if this is ok too Allow? if i dont i cant open a internet page,any ideas any1 Please. Thanks

ps- sorry about the 2 seperated postings mistake. :O)

birdface 14:13 16 Jul 08
  swanny2 14:18 16 Jul 08

cheers Buteman
what do you suggest i do mate. not too sure on this 1 . thanks again .

birdface 14:20 16 Jul 08

Googled.click here= Just wondering if it is a false positive.It looks like part of AVG resident shield.Maybe try the AVG Forum and see if it is on there.

birdface 14:23 16 Jul 08

it is a bit confusing hard to tell if Malware or just part of AVG.I would hang on and see if anyone else can help.Mind you I had to turn my resident shield off as it was using a lot of the CPU.

swanny2 15:07 16 Jul 08

cheers
i downloaded reg run5 and did a scan it then tells me if i need help on what too terminate i did about 10 that said Bad and clicked on terminate.
It then said i need too revboot,i rebooted then the program started on my start up searched again and i had roo go throught it again . terminating the Bad stuff. me pc seems a bit slower , but i keep having too clik on update Avg data manager when restarting.ive no idea. thanks anyway.

birdface 15:36 16 Jul 08

Maybe if you downloaded Avg after you downloaded Comodo you could try removing AVG then reinstalling it.That may help.Or maybe a system restore to a time before you had the problems.I use Kerio Firewall and don't get pop ups wanting you to allow or deny programs.

swanny2 23:35 16 Jul 08

yes i did d/l Avg after commodo but not had this problem b4.

swanny2 14:38 19 Jul 08

Every time i restart me pc i have too go too update manager too download latest updates on AVG,this happens everytime,and when my pc starts that reg run 5 starts running b4 i can see my desktop . any ideas please.
thanks
ps ive been too start up but cant see reg Run in there too stop it loading. :O

birdface 15:13 19 Jul 08

Reg run is a different program ,Do you have that and AVG.To stop reg run try msconfig or add remove not sure if it also an anti-virus program.In Avg try Components.Up-date Manager.Make sure update manager component is active. and start automatic updates is ticked.Then press save changes.Sorry I don't know anything about Reg Run is it not in all programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…