AVG Question

Eargasm 21:46 16 May 04

Hi All
Earlier tonight avg resident shield popped a message up "trogan horse downloader.swizzor.t" it was in c:\windows\70000041.exe.

At the time i wasen't connected to the internet and avg said to run avg for windows,i ran it and found the trojan and said it had been removed.

My question is, is that it as i thought i had to disable system restore and remove it manually.

Thanks Phil

Mikè 21:51 16 May 04

You could try restoring to a point before you removed it, and see if it reappears.

georgemac 07:09 17 May 04

you only ever have to disable system restore if the virus files are located in the system restore folder - these are protected by windows and cannot be deleted unless you turn off system restore.

If AVG says it has cured it, it will, if you are unsure scan again.

Anti virus alone is not enough today, you should also have firewall software running. There are many free able firewalls, sygate, zone alarm etc.

Eargasm 21:44 18 May 04

Thanks for replies,avg removed the file but the next day when i ran it,it was back but in a different place C;\system volume information\restore, avg removed it and then i deleted both entries from the virus vault,scanned again and everything was clear.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…