AVG put startpage.21.AY in vault - what now?

badgery 07:40 08 Jun 05

After being online, without 'protection' for 5 mins last night, when I then ran an AVG free scan, it picked up 6 'startpage.21.AY' files and automatically put them in the vault.
What should I now do? Delete them, or just leave them in the vault. The only thing I saw was they are not 'healable'.
Apologies if this is a daft question, but not had anything like this before! Thanks for any advice.

Eastender 09:51 08 Jun 05

AVG also found 2 instances of this "Trojan" on my computer although I can find no info in the Grisoft virus data base specifically for 'startpage.21.ay'

It's safe enough in the Vault and I'm going to leave it there until I find further info on it.

Eastender 10:24 08 Jun 05

My Startpage.21.ay "trojans" were found in:-

C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.NL and NLD, which is part of Pinnacle InstantCopy application.

I'm wondering if this is a false positve.

ugufugu 11:59 14 Jun 05

I have the same thing. it appears it may be a pinnacle thing. Any more word on this

Lionheart ? 15:08 14 Jun 05

Found this click here=

Lionheart ? 15:11 14 Jun 05

Bit more read. click here

badgery 11:00 17 Jun 05

Thanks for the links, sorry to be slow replying, but been away on holiday for a week.
Will see what I can do from here. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…