AVG on programs menue?if so where?

p;3 11:44 10 May 05

running win 98se

if you have AVG on your pc, does it appear in you start/programs menue?

needed to find it today when managed to accidentally close down the control centre, so running unprotected; not a good idea:(

could not find it on programs menue; should it be there?

having never had to find it there before , not sure whether I can expect to find it there, as it normally automatcally loads:)

tas

Bagsey 11:48 10 May 05

It shows up on as AVG Free Edition
If not then look for Grisoft.

abbott8 11:52 10 May 05

open windows explorer go to c:/program files/grisoft/avg free/avgcc press enter, the control center will then open

p;3 11:58 10 May 05

should it not be on my start/ programs menue, as at present I cannot find it:(

gudgulf 13:52 10 May 05

It should indeed be in you Start/Programs list...if it isn't the I suggest you either reinstall it, or simply go into the AVG folder in Explorer, create a shortcut to the executable file and drag that to your Start/Programs list.

p;3 14:01 10 May 05

I am finding that most of the updates now require me to restart my pc to take effect; is that what other people have to do, or am I heading for a reinstall of AVG?

gudgulf 16:26 10 May 05

To be honest I've taken AVG off my pc because I was having a lot of problems with the "e"mail scanner.It seems that AVG7 is becoming known for this and conflicts with other programs (ZoneAlarm for example).I now use AntiVir free which is equally good but updates best if you do it manually.I suppose you can't expect perfection for free,lol.

If I were you I would reinstall AVG.

p;3 20:22 11 May 05

reinstalled; still not listed on start /programs menue; back to the drawing board:(

Technotiger 20:33 11 May 05

Hi, It should show as AVG Free Edition.

Have you sorted all programs in Alphabetical Order? Easier to find.

p;3 20:39 11 May 05

alphabetical order? how:) win 98se here

and still cannot track it down; although as far as I can tell the program is running as it should

(no, I do not intend giving myself a virus just to check it out:))

lappy shows it on start menue but not tower:(

do I have to shove it on there or sumut?

Technotiger 20:49 11 May 05

To put program titles in Alphabetical order - right click on any single title and you should then see the option to Sort by Name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…