AVG - problems updating Internal Virus Database

kumarisblue 21:57 16 Mar 05

After hearing great things about AVG, I have taken the plunge and discarded my AVAST program and tried to download the latest AVG prog. I tried several times and the download would not complete at all and just froze everything. I then used a prevoiusly downloaded version which seemed to install ok except for the fact that I cannot update the Internal Virus Database so presumably I am not fully covered. I have configured Windows Firewall as per AVG instructions. Anyone have any ideas or had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks guys in advance!

Alan H E 22:52 16 Mar 05

The previous one was it AVG6 if so its no longer supported - Try downloading again.

Eastender 23:23 16 Mar 05

I have just this minute finished downloading AVG 7 Free Edition from click here Without any probs.

As Alan H E says give it another go.

artist4 09:33 17 Mar 05

You need to 'pick' your time of day - I find early-ish in the morning is best, before most of the USA wake up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…