AVG - problems updating Internal Virus Database

kumarisblue 21:57 16 Mar 05

After hearing great things about AVG, I have taken the plunge and discarded my AVAST program and tried to download the latest AVG prog. I tried several times and the download would not complete at all and just froze everything. I then used a prevoiusly downloaded version which seemed to install ok except for the fact that I cannot update the Internal Virus Database so presumably I am not fully covered. I have configured Windows Firewall as per AVG instructions. Anyone have any ideas or had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks guys in advance!

Alan H E 22:52 16 Mar 05

The previous one was it AVG6 if so its no longer supported - Try downloading again.

Eastender 23:23 16 Mar 05

I have just this minute finished downloading AVG 7 Free Edition from click here Without any probs.

As Alan H E says give it another go.

artist4 09:33 17 Mar 05

You need to 'pick' your time of day - I find early-ish in the morning is best, before most of the USA wake up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…